How To Lose 5 Kilos in 1 Month – Yes! It’s Possible With 5-2 Diet!
In the past year, the 5-2 diet has awakened great interest and attention from people around the world.
First of all, we know how many other diets seem to be really exhausting, require strict adherence to some norms that simply do not fit your body and which in the end do not move the scales on the beam scale in the direction you want.
If you are tired of experimenting and unsuccessful attempts to weaken, I will present you a diet that does not differ much from the daily habits of the average person when the food is concerned, is not restrictive and, most importantly, gives excellent results.
Therefore, in the text below, you will find out what diet 5-2 can bring to you and how to lose 5 kilos in 1 month with the help of this diet.
What is This Diet About?
Namely, the name of diet 5-2 means that it’s a whole week, during which you eat food that you normally consume for five days, and for two days you reduce food intake and their caloric values to a low level.
If this seems strange and confusing to you, you really do not have to worry, because in fact it only lasts these two days that represent a particular kind of fasting.
The principle of this diet is to reduce calorie intake that is the biggest culprit for deposition of fat deposits in the body. During five (so-called regular) days, their level should be 2000 cal for women or 2400 cal for men per day.
Of course, you do not have to strictly count each calorie and it’s quite normal that you sometimes partly pass this figure. As far as the food itself is concerned, it must be diverse, in order for your organism to have enough vitamins and minerals that are responsible for its proper functioning.
So, diet 5-2 does not mean starving or giving up your favorite foods!
The hardest part of this diet are fasting days. First of all, you need to know that just keeping a classic fast for the human body is the healthiest and most natural way to cleanse the body from toxins, without any unwanted consequences, and so you should also look at this period of the diet.
Choose any two days of the week that will be reserved for the fast, because you will then put 500 calories (for women) and 600 calories (for men). It is very important that these days are not merged one after another, but that there is a minimum of 24 hours between them.
In order to make it easier to determine which foodstuffs fit most closely into these frameworks, in the following section I will give you an example of a menu for both regular and fasting days recommended by the 5-2 diet.
It can be of great help if you are physically active, so use some forms of aerobic exercises, cycling, and daily hiking. Naturally, it is of paramount importance to bring at least 2 liters of water daily to ensure regular hydration of the body, and alcohol consumption would be desirable to completely eliminate during the application of this diet.
How Should The Diet Look Like During Regular days?
As I have already mentioned, during the five days of this diet you can eat the food you normally consume, only the daily intake should be 2000 calories for women and 2400 calories for men.
In order for this to go hand in hand, without having to worry about calorie counting, all that’s needed is to pay attention to the fact that you are less ingesting artificial sugars, fats, and alcohol. Enrich the food with foods rich in easily digestible fibers, proteins and, if you are candy lovers, natural sugars.
As always, you should adhere to the principle that you have three meals a day because diet 5-2 gives the best results precisely if you do not skip meals and thus get your body to properly digest all foods.
Healthy snacks are of course desirable, and I advise you to select some fruit or a cup of fat less yogurt for them.
Avoid the so-called fast food because it is very unhealthy and harmful to your blood vessels due to the fact that such foods are prepared on oils that are saturated and do not change regularly.
You will be treated by the fact that diet 5-2 allow you to eat a piece of a cake, a little chocolate or homemade ice cream during regular days, but it is advisable to use some sports or physical activities to release all your energy intake through food.
Adjust The Menu For Two Fasting Days
Fasting days of a 5-2 diet can give some people a real challenge, given the fact that the daily intake of food should not exceed 500 calories for women and 600 for men. At first glance, it can really be quite difficult to withstand such low energy values all day. However, this is not impossible.
- During these days you can eat for breakfast: non-fat yogurt, boiled eggs, apples, oranges, a piece of black bread, omelet of two eggs, grapefruit;
- for lunch: soups from the bag, smoked salmon, cauliflower, tuna salad, tomatoes, chicken white meat;
- for dinner: rice, eggplant, peas, asparagus, low-fat cheese or salmon.
In order to illustrate the ways in which you can prepare meals during these two days, I will give you suggestions for meals that will help you meet your daily needs without feeling hungry or unpleasant exhaustion.
If you happen to cross the 500-calorie limit during the fasting days, you do not have to despair. It is quite normal to enter a maximum of 700 cal during this period, as this will not have a big impact.
However, be aware that this is not a regular habit, but aim to keep the prescribed daily calories. A fast diet of 5-2 is effective only if you have a strong will and if you are persistent in order to get rid of excess pounds.
Recipes For The First Day of Fast – In Total 449 Cal
To start your first day of fasting, diet 5-2 suggests the next daily menu
Breakfast: 94 cal
Prepare a two-egg omelet and add a few spinach leaves. This meal will provide you with enough protein, healthy cholesterol, fiber and iron, which is a great combination for a healthy start of the day.
Lunch: 132 cal
Chicken miso soup that requires only ten minutes to prepare. You need to get 30 grams of Japanese miso spice, which you can find in health food stores.
Then, a chicken fillet, a bowl of garlic, half a spoon of ginger, 8 ordinary mushrooms, soy sauce, and a quarter of the kale.
Put 0.6 liters of water to boil and add miso spice. Add all remaining ingredients gradually and leave for about 10 minutes.
Then add the chopped kale and cook for another 3 minutes, after which you can serve the soup.
Snack: 42 cal
For this snack, you can use two mandarins that diet 5-2 suggest because they will eliminate possible hunger with their vitamins and natural sugars.
Dinner: 211 cal
For dinner, we recommend a tasty and light meal that is very popular in Mediterranean countries, and it’s a tomato filled with rice in a Moroccan way. It takes about half an hour to prepare it, and you will surely enjoy it.
You need to get four larger tomatoes, one zucchini, two spoonfuls of pine nuts, one red onion, 6 dried apricots, 250 grams of cooked rice, as well as Mediterranean spice at will.
Preparation of the recipe:
Heat the oven at 200 degrees, and during that time wash and cut the tops of the tomatoes so that the upper part remains to serve as a lid. Carefully rub the interior with a spoon and it must be kept in order to mix with other ingredients. Pour a little olive oil into the pan and add a chopped zucchini, pine nuts, finely chopped dried apricots and spices.
Fry this mixture in the oil for about five minutes, after which add the central part of the tomatoes and leave for another minute on the fire and then take off. Add boiled rice to the saucepan and stir it all together nicely.
Take a spoon and fill the tomatoes with this mixture and put in a platter to bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Second Day of Fasting – 493 Cal
Breakfast: 94 cal
Make a mixture of 4 cleaned and chopped almonds, one tablespoon of dry grapes and half a cup of fat less Greek yogurt. The fibers and bacteria will start and prepare the digestive system, and natural sugar from the grapes will give you enough energy.
Lunch: 132 Cal
You can eat the same as the first day.
Snack: 42 cal
Just like on a previous day, you can use two mandarins.
Dinner: 250 cal
Prepare chicken breasts with pepper. You need to get half a chicken breast, one red and one green pepper, 250 ml of chicken soup, salt, oregano and 1 tsp. of denser
Salt and chop the chicken as desired, and heat the oil in a larger frying pan. Then add the meat and fry it on each side for 5 minutes until it has a yellow color. Then remove it and place it on a larger plate and cover.
Wash both peppers, clean them well and cut them into dice. In the second frying pan, add the chicken soup and let it boil, after which you need to add oregano and peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes with occasional stirring.
Prepare the denser in a special dish with 2 dl of water and then add it to the pan and let it boil with continuous stirring. After two minutes, remove the pan from the fire and pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
5-2 Diet Experiences and Results
1. “I feel really satisfied, primarily because I’ve lost 5 kilograms. The first fasting days of 5-2 diet was a temptation to me, but with strong will, I overcame hunger attacks. I recommend to everyone who wants to lose weight in a healthy way and be healthy and fit at the same time!” – Ivana, 26
2. “Diet 5-2 helped me cleanse the body of toxins for medicines that I had to drink for several months. Except for repairing my blood count, I got rid of a boring surplus around the waist so I lost 6 kg for about a month and a half.” – Roberta, 32
3. “A few months ago, I decided to be in shape again, but it was a big problem for me to find the proper diet. I did not manage to lose as much as I wanted, I tried with various diets but without success.
The instructor told me that there is a 5-2 diet and I definitely need to try it. I must say that for three weeks I have already lost 4 kilograms, without compromising my health or losing my muscle mass. I continued to apply it and I am very pleased with my appearance and health.” – Peter, 40
4. “After giving birth, I was struggling a lot with the surplus that was very disturbing to me, and I tried with various diets that were very exhausting, and in the end, it always happened that the pounds had returned. The doctor gave me advice that the best diet for weight loss is a 5-2 diet.
After two months I lost about 5 kg, but I did not give up, but I continued on. Now, after half a year I’m lighter for 12 pounds, and I plan to continue using it until I can get in the same dressing as before giving birth!” – Elena, 29
The Main Advantages of 5-2 Diet
- Analyzes by British experts have found that this diet can help to improve your memory, and in the end, you can also prevent the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Fasting days are beneficial to the digestive system, as they help the intestines to quit food digestion and better absorb nutrients.
- Diet 5-2 helps accelerate metabolism, and many nutritionists believe that this may have an extension of life expectancy.
- Significantly reduces the risk of getting numerous chronic diseases, primarily type 2 diabetes.
- It works revitalizing to your body, because diet 5-2 reduces levels of hormones that lead to accelerated aging, stimulates the body to eliminate toxins, which significantly reduces the risk of malignant disease.
Important Notes and Tips
- Make sure that you do not exceed the predicted calorie intake after fasting days, because otherwise, you will be overweight, which will shock the body and result in an unwanted weight gain.
- Nutrition should be rich in foods containing vitamins and minerals, to avoid the appearance of side effects such as insomnia, bad breath, dehydration, anxiety, etc.
- It is not advisable to use diet 5-2 during pregnancy, as it may have negative consequences both for the mother and for the child.
- People with type 1 diabetes also do not advise the use of this diet, because they can work exhaustively for their body.
- Diet 5-2 benefits those who need to lose excess pounds before surgery, while on the other hand it is not recommended for people going through the postoperative period and recovering from intervention.
This diet is one of the simplest, can be applied by both women and men, and the results it gives are quite surprising. The fact is that you are, in fact, only during the fasting days on a diet and that during the rest of the week you are on a regular diet.
If you adhere to the simple methods of the 5-2 diet, it will deliver results in five weeks. You can lose up to 6 kilograms, and most importantly, kilograms will not return because there is no jo-jo effect!