Lose Weight With Paleo Diet – What Is It About?
You heard about a paleo diet, but its results, people’s experiences and recipes are unknown to you? Answers to all the questions that are of interest to you will be found here.
Can you lose weight with paleo diet? In short, yes!
The heart of the paleo diet is the return of the kind of food that was in ancient times … Before many, many thousands of years. If a cave man could eat that way, you can too.
In this diet you can eat everything that can be caught or collected – meat, fish, walnuts, everything that is leafy and green, seasonal vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds. You will forget about pasta, cereals and sweets!
Forget About Counting Calories
Probably you do not like to follow and measure how much you have eaten and be obsessed with knowing how many grams of certain foods you have eaten in your body.
Calories are a relative thing, because we are not all created equal – 200 calories of chips DO NOT affect our body in the same way as 200 calories of high-quality vegetables.
Fortunately, if you remove certain types of food from your diet, you can stop taking care of counting calories.
Paleo Diet is solution!
Paleo diet is a type of diet that does not require counting of a single calorie and allows you to eat until you are hungry. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention some other “little things” that this diet will bring you:
- can help you lose weight,
- build muscles and get the best shape and look of the body so far
- prevents the development and slows down the development of many chronic diseases (diabetes, cancer, heart and autoimmune diseases)
Tens of thousands of years ago (read: in the Paleolithic), our ancient ancestors lived as hunters and collectors.
Although it was really a long time ago, our genetics has not changed so much since then, but the outer form is quite the case.
- Average HOMOSAPIENS then: tall, muscular, agile, athletic and incredibly versatile.
- Average HOMOSAPIENS now: overweight, bodyless, stressed, unhappy, sleeping insufficiently and dying of countless preventable diseases.
So what the hell happened?!
A few thousand years ago, people discovered agricultural production. The agricultural revolution has stumbled, and we have progressed from hunters and collectors to farmers and peasants.
We rooted and tied in one place, formed societies, and the human race progressed to what we are today.
The problem is that our organism has never been fully adapted to process and burn all the cereals that are produced today.
So instead of focusing on meat, vegetables and seasonal fruits, we have become a kind of “dependent” on cereals – bread, pasta, rice, corn, etc. The results are devastating and alarming:
- 66% of the population has an overweight,
- 33% of people are considered obese,
- percentages and numbers are only getting worse day by day
Paleo diet is an effort to return to a nutrition for which we are biologically “programmed“, which allows us to harness our genetic potential and immediately begin to live healthy.
What To Eat During Paleo Diet?
If we drop out all the cereals, almost all processed foods and dairy products, only those things that exist in nature from the origin of man (and even before him) remain:
- Meat-chicken, turkey, lamb, veal, beef …
- Fish – it is desirable to give you a good neighbor fisherman
- Eggs – of domestic origin (eg gift from grandmother)
- Vegetables – raw, powdered, but not deep-fried
- Oils – olive and coconut oil, avocado oil – everything that is natural
- Fruit – because of the natural sugar contained in it, limit the intake if you are trying to lose weight
- Nuts – they are very caloric, so they are good for snacks, but do not eat them if they are in bags and bought in markets
- Sweet potatoes and vegetables rich in starch – due to their high caloric value and carbohydrate wealth, are good for consumption after training, as they will compensate for glycogen levels.
Choose any of the items from the list above and eat as much as you want. You will feel better and be healthier.
15 Guidelines For Paleo Nutrition
1. Paleo diet is a diet rich in fats, proteins are medium-sized, and carbohydrates are the least present.
2. Butter and olive oil are often used in large quantities because they represent a rich source of saturated fats. Meat, veal and lamb are also good, but only if you know the origin of meat (come from healthy and organically grown animals).
Olive or coconut oil and avocados are also good fats that are used in salads, as a dressing, but not for cooking.
3. Let the meat be your main source of protein. This includes red meat, poultry, pork, eggs, intestines (liver, kidneys, heart …), fish and shells.
4. Eat fresh or frozen vegetables on a daily basis – whether boiled or raw, spiced with the fats in the form of dressing. Vegetables rich in starch, like sweet potatoes, are a great source of carbohydrates. Pick organic and / or seasonal vegetables.
5. Take nuts, but treat it with care. Try to eat mainly fruits with a lower percentage of sugar, and it is rich in antioxidants (such as berry fruits).
Fruit bone is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Consider decomposing fruits completely, if you have an autoimmune disease, digestive problems, or trying to lose weight.
6. Use meat that is originally safe, – that which comes from healthy animals cultivated in pastures. If this is not possible, select less fat (seed) meat and make up fat with olive oil or butter.
7. Remove all cereals and legumes from the diet. This relates primarily to wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, brown rice, soybeans, peanuts, beans, peas.
8. Forget about all vegetable oils, such as margarine, soy and sunflower oil, corn oil and peanut oil, because they contain a high percentage of harmful trans fats.
9. Eliminate artificial sugar, soft drinks, all industrial candies and juices obtained (including fruit juices). A rule to be respected: All that is packaged (located in a bag or box) do not eat!
10. Remove milk products, except for butter and some milk dairy. There is an increasing number of people who are intolerant to lactose. Removing lactose from the diet can be a good decision;
By the second year of life, our pancreas produces lactase, an enzyme for lactose digestion, to “cover” the period in which milk is drank.
Why then do we do something that is not in line with the natural state of our organism?!
11. Eat when you’re hungry and do not drama if you skip a meal or even two. You do not have to have three main meals a day – do what is spontaneous and natural.
12. Reduce or completely eliminate the sources of stress and sleep for at least 8 hours. Try to wake up without alarm and go to bed as early as possible.
13. Do not practice too much. Let your training be short, intense and effective. Train only a few times a week, not every day.
14. Consider taking extra vitamin D and probiotics. The levels of magnesium, iodine and vitamin K2 should also be balanced. Iodine can be compensated by seaweed taking.
You probably will not need multivitamins or other nutritional supplements. Due to the exclusion of milk from the diet, it is obligatory to take calcium while keeping the diet.
15. Have fun with friends in the sun, laugh, relax, travel, explore and enjoy life !!!
Suggestion of daily menu in Paleo diet
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with parsley or omelet with different seasonal vegetables (spinach, shrimp, young onions …); grapefruit or any seasonal fruit; herbal tea
Snack: thinly smoked beef; seasoned fresh fruit
Lunch: Caesar salad or any salad with chicken, sprinkled with olive oil and lemon juice; herbal tea
Snack: apple slices and walnut hand
Dinner: tomatoes and avocados cut into slices; grilled turkey breasts (without skin); chopped broccoli, carrot and carfiol; bowl of blueberries (berries), dried grapes and almonds; a glass of water or white wine.
Of course, our ancestors did not have white wine available, but certain rules in this diet can be deviated such as this:
You can have up to three meals a week out of pale nutrition.
Advantages of Paleo Diet
Can a paleo diet prevent the onset of heart disease?
A small volume study was conducted that claims that paleo diet reduces bad cholesterol, blood pressure and triglycerides in the blood, indicating that heart disease can be averted.
For most people, the fact that the fattening diet gives the best health results is all they need.
Low and stable levels of blood sugar, weight loss and reduced risk of allergies and diabetes, better appearance and condition of the skin and teeth are sufficient reasons for accepting challenges in the form of a paleo-diet.
Experiences and Recommendations For Paleo Diet
Are you still suspicious about the paleo diet?!
The human body is so incredibly complex that I doubt that we will ever have the definitive answer to the question of what is the best possible diet.
I can tell you the experiences and examples of many people who dared to switch to a paleo diet and thus change and prolong their lives. Instead, I leave you with your own choice.
You choose your own way of life and influence your own health! All you need to do is to feed for 30 days according to the principles of paleo nutrition.
Then bring your final judgment.
The choice of food is crucial to the success of this diet.
Daily intake of calories depends mostly on ourselves and the food should be carefully selected.
Avoid cereals, sugar, and consume as many vegetables, fresh fruits, proteins of animal origin.
Paleo Recipes – It Should Be Delicious!
One of the toughest obstacles, which needs to be successfully overcome, is the renunciation of sweets.
Chocolate and candy will be your past, but you will enjoy home-made, hand-made, desserts. Here are some suggestions:
A) Chocolate Muffins with Bananas and Coconut flour
- 3 medium bananas, grind and make mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 spoonful of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
1. Mix liquid ingredients (puree banana, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla and eggs) and mix well
2. Add dry ingredients (coconut flour, cocoa powder, barrel and sea salt) and mix together until you get a compact mass
3. Pour the mixture into molds for paper mugs (12 pieces)
4. If you wish, sprinkle the tips of the muffins with dry, berry or nuts
5. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees. Enjoy!
B) Paleo Pancakes
- ½ cups of almond flour
- ½ glasses of tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut milk, canned and plenty of fats
Bake pancakes in the usual way, and select the dressing at your choice (honey and nuts, almonds, blueberries …)
When a person really adheres to a Paleo diet, this can be a very effective way of losing weight.
However, adhering to this diet will not be easy, especially at the beginning, when we need to get rid of all the foods that are very tasty to most of us.
Therefore, some may experience symptoms such as fatigue, headache and the need for certain foods.
These problems disappear after a few weeks and from that moment Paleo diet is very easy for most people, because it is essentially a diet that does not have hunger.
Despite the dangers of arguments for its non-implementation, such a diet is healthier than e.g. Atkinson’s diet who excludes fruits.
It should not be forgotten that it is best to be balanced, to enter all groups of foods, but in small quantities and in the right combination.